This short intensive course develops the English language knowledge and skills required to deliver an academic presentation with a research focus.
Students will learn how to structure an effective research presentation and how to use set expressions to ensure the audience can follow their ideas effectively. They will also increase their knowledge of the specific vocabulary needed and develop the aspects of pronunciation which are particularly important in delivering formal talks.
Key strategies in planning, delivering and dealing with presentations are introduced and developed.
An opportunity to practise and receive constructive feedback on presentations in progress will be provided.
Session 1: Planning and organising Research Presentations
Session 2: Delivering Research Presentations
Session 3: Developing Communication and Presentation Strategies in Research Talks
Dates and times
Semester 1 2017-18
- Fridays Weeks 3-5 11:00 - 1:00 PM or
- Thursdays Weeks 8-10 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- Tuesdays Weeks 3-5 1:00 - 3:00 PM or
- Thursdays Weeks 6-8 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Summer Semester 2018
- Wednesday 10:00 - 12:00 21st June
- Wednesday 10:00 - 12:00 28th June
- Wednesday 10:00 - 12:00 5th July
Return to the Home Page to enrol