What is Respondus?
Respondus is a tool for creating and managing assessments that can be printed to paper or published directly to a Brookes VLE course. Assessments can be created off-line using a familiar Word environment, or moved from one Learning Management System to another.
Respondus main features
- Create exams and assessments off-line using a Windows interface.
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats.
- Import questions from Microsoft Word (including embedded images) and rich-text.
- Add tables, bulleted lists, font changes, and enhanced formatting (e.g. bold, italics).
- Insert mathematical and scientific symbols using the Respondus Equation Editor or MathType.
- Embed graphics, audio, and video without writing or viewing the underlying HTML.
- Resize graphics and convert them to JPEG format with one click.
- Add links to multimedia content.
- Retrieve custom reports, such as student scores, summary statistics, and answer distributions.
Where to get help
Students should contact their Module Leader or Course Manager in the first instance for assistance with Respondus.
Note: As of October 2017 the support links associated with Brookes Virtual Help on the Wiki will be superseded by more user-friendly resources accessible via the Virtual Gateway. From that point, all Brookes Wiki support pages associated with this hierarchy will become obsolete. Please update your Bookmarks accordingly.