Student Support Co-ordinators (SSCs) – Faculty of Business
We are here for you throughout your time at Oxford Brookes and are on hand to provide the first point of call to a range of student concerns and questions, both personal and academic.
We are available as follows -
Phone number: 01865 485567
Office hours throughout Semester 1 - these are drop-in sessions, so no need to make an appointment:
Gipsy Lane, FH104a, Fuller Building:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10.00 - 14.00
Wheatley, W201, Simon Williams Building:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10.00 - 16.00, Wednesday 9.00 - 12.00
We understand the pressures of student life whether you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate student, whether you’re combining family with study or you’re balancing study with work commitments. If you need support, or have any query relating to your studies, then we are the team to help.
The SSC team can provide you with support, advice, guidance and encouragement to help you progress throughout your course. If we are not able to resolve an issue, then we will make sure we put you in touch with the right person who can.
Our responsibilities include –
Supporting students academically and personally throughout their degree, including:
• Personal issues (homesickness, money worries, loneliness, dealing with difficult circumstances etc)
• Helping students understand and use their Personal Information Pages (PIP)
• Helping students understand their programme of study
• Helping students with programme-related queries including error and warning messages
• Helping students with the Mitigating Circumstances procedure
• I.T. problems (PIP, Brookes Virtual, Moodle, Turnitin etc)
We do this by:
• Running regular office hours so that they’re available when students need them
• Liaising with other support departments in the University
• Referring students to the right place where they will get the help they need, when they need it
• Supporting programmes and attending subject meetings to represent students
We are also responsible for:
• Recruiting, training and supporting student reps
• Organising events (social events, careers seminars, workshops etc)
There are no pages at the moment.